LittleMazza

I am a mother of 2 grown and married kids with 1 grandson. I like to share some of my reflections about knowing and loving God, all because the Lord Jesus Christ is my Savior.

Monday, December 18, 2006

My fruit smoothie recipe

This is dedicated to my friend (LS) who was diagnosed with colon cancer and just recently underwent a colonoscopy. Her stable attitude and positive outlook are a wonderful testimony of her trust in the Lord's plan for her life. She called me and wanted to know what I put in my fresh fruit smoothie. It may seem quite extensive, but if you give your self time to learn and plan the prep, you will be pleased with the results. I'm sure you'll reap great health benefits if you try it.

This recipe make 2 16 oz smoothies. I place the fresh fruits in the Vita-mix first:
Fresh fruits:
1/2 peeled orange
1/4 apple
1/4 carrot (scrubbed, not peeled)
1/4 banana (can be fresh or frozen)
1/8 pineapple wedge cut in chunks
1/16th lemon wedge
2 T. flax seeds
1 oz. flax oil
3-4 oz. soy milk, kiefer, or yogurt

Frozen Fruit:
4 oz. frozen mango chunks
4 oz. Costco Triple berry mix
4 oz. frozen strawberries
2 oz. frozen black grapes

Start whirling on low to start to mix and get the frozen fruit moving. Once you see it's blending nicely turn the speed up higher gradually till you get to the highest speed. Once it's blending well, you can add the 2 T. protein powder in the center of the vortex. Enjoy.

For fun and an exciting tropical taste, add exotic fruits such as starfruit (seeds removed), aloe vera gel (cut of green skin), lilikoi (passion fruit), or sour sap (seeds removed).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home